Dates: As advertised
Time: 9.00am – 2.00pm
Venue: Cook Islands Tertiary Training Institute, Ngatangiia
Cost: Free of Charge
Kia Orana Values (non-assessed)
Introduction to Customer Service
Presenting a Positive Professional Image
Handling Customer Complaints
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of the provision of good customer service in all sectors.
2. Identify customer and organisational needs and expectations in respect of service levels delivered in all businesses.
3. Describe the differences between strong and weak customer care, particularly relating to a professional image, communication skills and complaint handling.
4. Recognise how to present a professional image and identify techniques for
communicating positively and effectively with customers, including verbal and
5. Identify the techniques used to handle customer complaints appropriately.
Learners will undertake a one-hour (closed book) test that has 40 True/False style questions. The learner will need to select the correct answers and the pass mark is 80%.
Upon successfully completing this course, participants will receive a City and Guilds International Introduction Award in Customer Service (Service Sector).
Assessment will determine whether learners have achieved the standard required to obtain this award.
The assessment will be carried out on an assigned date and time (4-weeks after the theory delivery) which learners will be informed of at the completion of theory delivery. All learners are expected to be present on the date and time given.
If a learner is not able to attend the assessment they will need to notify the tutor on the first day of class. A new exam date will be allocated to the learner. Failure to notify tutor will result in a charge of $60 (sixty dollars).
Learners will receive their results 2-weeks after the completion of the course. Learners will be notified via email and a text message will be sent advising learners that the results have been emailed.
Certification / Awards Ceremony
Certificates will be available 4-weeks after you receive your results
An Awards Ceremony will be held four times throughout the year – (January, April, July &
October). Those who received a pass mark will be presented their certificate at the
ceremony. Your tutor will advise dates.
Learners who did not receive a pass mark – will get one chance to re-sit the exam. To do
so they must contact Courtney Papatua on phone 22628 ext. 5 or email
email@example.com – at least 2 weeks after receiving their results.
For more information, contact the tutor, Michelle Williams-Mitchell on 22628 or email firstname.lastname@example.org